Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Disney and Netflix Make Media History


Author: Dexter Jaekel

Disney is giving Netflix access to some of its top movies at the same time it releases them to Premium TV services. However, the deal doesn't kick in until 2016.
The companies announced today that Netflix will become the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated feature films from the Walt Disney Studios.
Yes, it does suck to have such a long delay, but look at the bright side. Netflix has only been able to get a hold of it's movie licenses through 3rd party agencies, like Starz (which it lost earlier this year), in the past. This is major for the streaming media community and not just because it is Disney. This means more deals like this will likely be struck between Netflix and other Studios, bringing us one step closer to getting actual good movies to stream on Netflix.
On top of this, Netflix Managers cut a separate multi-year deal with Disney to bring some older catalog titles to Netflix immediately. Some of the titles include movie classics such as "Dumbo," "Pocahontas" and "Alice in Wonderland."
I personally prefer Netflix and Hulu to TV. I shut off the cable in my house and only pay for Internet and the streaming movie services. Not only did I instantly save a lot of money, I also freed my schedule up as well. No longer was my schedule dictated by what shows were playing and when, I could now pick and choose what I would watch and when. In all honesty, TheTechFixation.com probably wouldn't even exist if Richard and I still had cable. And now that this news has broken, I am even more excited to say that I have a Netflix and Hulu only household.

For more information on all your favorite Games, Tech, Movies, and Nerdisms follow us on Twitter or Like us on Facebook

Posted by Dexter Jaekel
Editor-in-Chief of TheTechFixation.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment