Thursday, December 20, 2012

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Review

This article contains Spoilers for the previous Twilight installments.

2012 is the year the world is supposed to end. It is also when the “Twilight” era concludes. Does this chapter in the series excel or does it fall on its face?

Pre Conceived Impressions and Expectations

Before watching this movie my opinion on the series has been neutral. I absolutely loved “Eclipse”, but I hate the rest of them. The weird thing is that every time I think about “Twilight” it always reminds me of different past girlfriends.
I have not seen part 1 of “Breaking Dawn”, but my girlfriend filled me in to what I have missed. And from what I was told Part 1, is a huge letdown. This is coming from a huge “Twilight” fan. I tried to put off seeing this movie for the longest time, but it was her turn to pick the movie.

The Film
The movie picks up after part 1; Bella is now a vampire with a half-born daughter adjusting to her new life. The Volturi believe that Bella’s and Edward’s child is an immortal child and they come to kill everyone involved with the child.Also allot of vampires come to Edwards house to stand around and brood all day. Jacob has marked Bella’s child and is very awkward and weird. It’s a little too much at times. And for all you women out there, Jacob takes his shirt off.

My Thoughts
The running time is 100 minutes and things don't start happening until the 80 minute mark. I was disappointed with the movie but I didn’t have high expectations to begin with.
The reasons why the movie was trash are:
Bad Acting – Everyone in the movie was so flat I thought I was watching a ruler on screen. Everyone knows that Kristen Stewart can't express emotion and she is in prime showing off her talent in this flick. Even Robert Pattison is bad, but it’s like he becomes a bad actor in all the “Twilight” movies. He is great in everything else he is in. I have no comments for Taylor Lauther other than, "Your abs can’t act."
Horrible CGI – The CGI in the movie is dreadful and pulls you out of the movie when it’s on the screen. With over three billion in the bank from the series, couldn’t Summit get some good CGI for once?
CGI Baby – Why did you do this!!! So fake it’s laughable and creepy at the same time.
Pacing - It was at the 80 minute mark on my iphone when things started to pick up in the movie. It felt like the filmmakers used molasses in the making of it.


My Recommendation
Don’t see this movie, wait until your girlfriend buys it and only watch the epic battle scene. I'm so glad these movies are done. But one day ill be on twitter and see an article for a reboot in the near future. O the horror.

4/10


For all your entertainment needs, stay on top of TheTechFixation.com or @TechFixation on Twitter.
If you want to request a review on any movie, hit us up on twitter.
Cameron Skayman – TechFixation Entainment Editor
Follow me on twitter @cam_sky



**SPOILER**
The Ending – The battle scene at the end of the movie is so awesome but you find out that it’s all just a vision. It's like a slap in the face. And, in the end, it's your typical Hollywood happy ending.
The only saving grace is the awesome battle at the end where there were so many beheadings I thought I was at the French revolution. I loved it.
**SPOILER**

0 comments:

Post a Comment