Sunday, December 30, 2012

Roger Havens' GOTY


Roger Havens is Game Reviews Editor for TheTechFixation.com















2012 has been a fairly bustling year when it comes to the video game market. We have received new games in some large franchises like Far Cry 3 and Mass Effect 3. Some smaller IP's have also taken the spotlight such as Journey and Hotline Miami. When it comes to deciding the Tech Fixation GOTY, a lot of tough choices have to he made. I have spent hundreds of hours enjoying several unique experiences over the last year.

Believe if or not, my vote for GOTY is not a huge multi million dollar title. Having played Tell Tale Games' Back to the Future, and Jurassic park, among others, I have grown to love the developer. They give me a chance to play a game based on some of my favorite media universes.  The Walking Dead made its way to consoles and PC by way of a point and click adventure game. From a technological standpoint, Tell Tale has stepped up its work on making their games run better and feel more fluid. But the real reason I choose The Walking Dead the game as my GOTY is because of the wonderful and emotional time I had playing it. The game evokes strong emotions in those who play it. The choices that you make can really make you feel sick and emotionally disturbed. The choices are not at all superficial. They make a very significant difference in the outcome of your story and in who lives or dies.

Another very large part of the game is the conversation that you can have with others who complete the story. All of my friends had different events happen that I didn't even know were possible. I am looking forward to a season 2 and having my saves and choices carry over. I will be talking about The Walking Dead for quite some time to come and I encourage you to give it a try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment