Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hi-Res Images of The Periodic Table

Every once in a while I like to post some really off the wall geek-tacular stuff and this is one of them. I've always been addicted to knowledge and education so I'm not a stranger to chemistry and this collection of high resolution photos caught my eye. flour_doublet is a great photographer and you can visit their official flicker account for all of the elements and more photos. I'm only going to showcase some choice examples.

Argon (Ar)

Arsenic (As)
Bismuth (Bi)
Bromine (Br)
Cesium (Cs)
Copper (Cu)
Germanium (Ge)
Iodine (I)
Indium (In)
Potassium (K)
Krypton (Kr)
Lanthanum (La)
Lithium (Li)
Neon (Ne)
Osmium (Os)
Phosphorus (P)
Sulfur (S)
Silicon (Si)
Tantalum (Ta)



NOTE*- Adamantium is not real. However you can try making a similar substance; you will need:

1kg titanium
500g iron
10g osmium
2kg melted carbon steel

mix the titanium, iron and osmium together and melt until liquid, then pour into a tray and allow to cool for 2 hours melt the carbon steel and pour it over the other mixture, and allow to cool for 2 hours. Done! The finished product is nearly indestructible.


0 comments:

Post a Comment